EAI SmartSP 2023 invites you to present demonstrations during the main conference held on 12-13 October 2023 in Chicago, IL, United States.
Demos provide authors an opportunity to demonstrate or present their work, including cutting-edge research, newly developed service, prototype or product addressing one or more of the suggested topics as presented in the conference scope. A successful submission communicates ideas and concepts in a powerful way that a regular presentation cannot. All accepted submissions are showcased during the conference, where the presenters have the ability to interact with the conference attendees, and showcase their work and technologies. We therefore encourage making your demonstration visually or otherwise appealing and presenting it in an innovative way.
Share your innovation idea, get instant feedback from an expert audience and transform your research project into a business idea.
SmartSP is seeking technical demonstrations that present innovative and original research. Specifically, we are interested in technology demonstrations that showcase practical applications or validate important research ideas.
The EAI SmartSP 2023 Demos Track focus is on research that addresses a range of topics, including but not limited to the following:
- Accident prevention
- Adaptive attack mitigation for CPS
- Analytics for intelligent transportation
- Authentication and access control for CPS and smart vehicles
- Availability, recovery, and auditing for CPS and smart vehicles
- Big data-based solutions for CPS security and privacy issues
- Blockchain-based security and privacy solutions for CPS applications
- Cooperative driving and traffic management
- Data security and privacy for CPS and smart vehicles
- Driver behavior analysis
- Electric vehicle charging systems security and privacy
- Embedded systems security and privacy
- Intrusion detection for CPS
- Legacy CPS system protection
- Malware analysis for CPS and smart vehicles
- Modeling and analysis of smart CPS
- Smart contract-based trustable and verifiable computations for CPS applications
- Smart grid security and privacy
- Threat modeling
- Traffic theory, modeling, and simulation
- Urban transportation system security and privacy
- V2V, V2I, and V2X: architectures and system design
- Vehicle information systems
- Vulnerability analysis for CPS and smart vehicles
Demo Submission Instructions
Papers should be submitted through EAI ‘Confy+’ system and have to comply with the Springer format (see Author’s kit section). The demo paper should be up to 3 pages in length. We kindly request that you provide your full name, affiliation, and email address along with your submission. The demo papers could be a part of the proceedings, but they will be not indexed.
Please be as specific as possible when describing what you will display or demonstrate for your demo, to help us better understand your research and its potential impact. Please note that the demo session will be held in person. At least one author of the accepted demo should be present at the conference to deliver the demonstration. We strongly encourage in-person presentations but will give an online option for those who cannot attend the meeting. A demo video (up to 5 minutes) must be provided no later than 10 September 2023.
Please include the information in your submission if your demonstration requires special arrangements or additional equipment. It’s important to note that all other equipment and needs are subject to budget approval. We will try our best to accommodate your requirements, so please be as straightforward as possible in your submission.
- Demos papers should be in English;
- Demos papers should be up to 3 pages in length;
- Demos papers should not have been previously published in demonstration form and not simultaneously submitted to any other venue;
- Demos papers do NOT follow a double-blind review process.
- Demos papers are recommended to include, at the end of the abstract, an URL pointing to the video of the demos (up to 5 minutes).
Submissions will be evaluated based on their originality, significance of the contribution to the field, technical correctness and the quality of the presentation. The submission should make explicit how the work offers a unique and substantial contributions beyond what has already been published or submitted.
Accepted and registered Demos will be showcased at the venue and open to the conference participants. Authors will need to be available for installation, and for facilitating interaction with their work at scheduled times during the conference at their designated Demo table. Authors are expected to bring physical equipment for a prototype demonstration.
All registered papers will be submitted for publishing by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library. The Demo papers could be a part of the proceedings, but they will be not indexed.
Accepted submissions will receive a fast-track opportunity to publish an extended version of the paper in one of the indexed EAI Endorsed Transactions.
7 September 2023
21 September 2023
Start of Conference
12 October 2023
End of Conference
13 October 2023