Recent proliferation of the Internet of Things (IoT), edge-fog-cloud computing, and interconnected networks envisions that smart cyber-physical system (CPS), especially smart vehicles (SV), are capable of innovative solutions to change our lifestyles. Unavoidably the potential beneﬁts come along with new challenges and concerns on security and privacy. The First EAI International Conference on Security and Privacy in Cyber-Physical Systems and Smart Vehicles (SmartSP 2023) is a global forum for researchers and developers from academia, industry, and government to present and discuss emerging ideas and trends in security and privacy issues in this exciting area. SmartSP 2023 seeks original papers focusing on theoretical analysis, vulnerability discovery, novel system architecture construction and design, emerging applications, experimental studies, and social impacts of CPS and SV. Both review/survey papers and technical papers are encouraged. SmartSP 2023 also welcomes short papers that summarize speculative breakthroughs, work-in-progress, industry-featured projects, open problems, new application challenges, visionary ideas, and preliminary studies.
Welcome to the EAI Community
Let the EAI Community help you build your career with collaborative research, objective evaluation, and fair recognition:
- Get more visibility for your paper and receive a fair review with Community Review,
- Earn credits regardless of your paper’s acceptance and increase your EAI Index for new membership ranks and global recognition,
- Find out if your research resonates – get real-time evaluation of your presentation on-site via EAI Compass.
We welcome contributions from the following fields:
- Accident prevention
- Adaptive attack mitigation for CPS
- Analytics for intelligent transportation
- Authentication and access control for CPS and smart vehicles
- Availability, recovery, and auditing for CPS and smart vehicles
- Big data-based solutions for CPS security and privacy issues
- Blockchain-based security and privacy solutions for CPS applications
- Cooperative driving and traffic management
- Data security and privacy for CPS and smart vehicles
- Driver behavior analysis
- Electric vehicle charging systems security and privacy
- Embedded systems security and privacy
- Intrusion detection for CPS
- Legacy CPS system protection
- Malware analysis for CPS and smart vehicles
- Modeling and analysis of smart CPS
- Smart contract-based trustable and verifiable computations for CPS applications
- Smart grid security and privacy
- Threat modeling
- Traffic theory, modeling, and simulation
- Urban transportation system security and privacy
- V2V, V2I, and V2X: architectures and system design
- Vehicle information systems
- Vulnerability analysis for CPS and smart vehicles
All registered papers will be submitted for publishing by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library.
Proceedings will be submitted for inclusion in leading indexing services, such as Web of Science,
Compendex, Scopus, DBLP, EU Digital Library, IO-Port, MatchSciNet, Inspec and Zentralblatt MATH.
Authors of selected papers will be invited to submit an extended version to:
- Mobile Networks and Applications (MONET) Journal [IF: 3.077 (2021)]
- Future Internet
(ISSN 1999-5903, indexed in EI Compendex, Scopus (Citescore: 5.4, Q2), ESCI) is a scholarly, peer-reviewed, open-access journal on Internet technologies and the information society, published monthly online by MDPI.
- Cybersecurity journal (Thematic Series: Security and Privacy in Cyber-physical Systems)
All accepted authors are eligible to submit an extended version in a fast track of:
- EAI Endorsed Transactions on Scalable Information Systems (Open Access)
- EAI Endorsed Transactions on Security and Safety (Open Access)
Additional publication opportunities:
- Journal of Cybersecurity and Privacy(JCP)
- EAI Transactions series (Open Access)
- EAI/Springer Innovations in Communications and Computing Book Series
(titles in this series are indexed in Ei Compendex, Web of Science & Scopus)
- Regular papers should be up 12-20 pages (content )in length. (excluding appendices, references, appreciation,…)
- Short papers should be 6-11 pages (content) in length. (excluding appendices, references, appreciation,…)
All conference papers undergo a thorough peer review process prior to the final decision and publication. This process is facilitated by experts in the Technical Program Committee during a dedicated conference period. Standard peer review is enhanced by EAI Community Review which allows EAI members to bid to review specific papers. All review assignments are ultimately decided by the responsible Technical Program Committee Members while the Technical Program Committee Chair is responsible for the final acceptance selection. You can learn more about Community Review here.
The Best Paper Award
The Best Paper Award winner will receive 1000 USD, which is sponsored by the College of Computing, Michigan Technological University.